Sky's Eighteen


Amber tea in my yellow cup
Was quite something today.
There was rain outside and lightening
Crazy, Mad rain battering the world
And I smiled and sat inside and had my peaceful tea.

I saw Poetry outside.
And wild desires living themselves.
There was distinct harmony to be seen
In every wet bird, wet tree, wet human.
There was music. Oh boy, some nice music.
It was raw like the pitter-patter of the rain.
As familiar as the words I've used.
As warm and fuzzy as my amber tea.

Sky seemed eighteen finally.
It spoke and it yelled with authority of an adult.
And I was all ears to the Conversation of the Clouds.

I told her it's raining.
Her reply made me warm.
Warm and fuzzy like my amber tea.

I looked up again.
Believing myself to be in my Twenties.
The tea was all of Forties.
But that one crazy sky above was younger than us.
And its passion was driving me crazy.
My silly ol' Sky was Eighteen and I'd fallen for it.
:)

3 comments: