The Crow's Back


[In mythology and folklore as a whole, crows tend to be symbolic more of the spiritual aspect of death, or the transition of the spirit into the afterlife]

Oh look, it's the Crow again
Tapping on my window pane to remind me it's there.
Yeah, old thing, I know you're there.
Cawing away in vain; well I say- Dont.
For there will be a time when I join you,
And right now, it ain't.

I am not afraid of you, my dear pal.
For being with you is the next adventure.
But right now I have a job to do.
Sit there and I'll join you when the time is right.

Sit but don't shit.
For I wont clean the window
As I climb out towards you!
And I don't want my dear ones to do it too!
I'll leave behind a clean room and a clean bed,
And a nice tiny window to the other world.

Be there, stay good, I'm yours I know.
But right now, I belong to all these people too.
And when the time's right, or when you feel it's right,
Just tap. Once. Or twice.
And I'll be there, grinning wide.
And we'll go beyond. Truly beyond.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment