For All It's Worth




After a long time I find myself in a familiar mood with a familiar mug filled with an 'unfamiliar liquid' yet in a familiar frame of mind. It has been a busy month and for all I know- probably made me learn a lot. I had to deal with people (sensible and imbeciles, lovely and st00pid), I had to tackle deadlines, I had to sort out myself before myself and dear Family... and grow. Yeah, I had to grow.

Why the Unfamiliar liquid?
My wonderful hair are leaving me with 'Male Pattern' as an excuse. I'm happy because that shows I got an awful lot of testosterone in there. So what if it releases oily stuff on my scalp which strangle the hair and thus make them fall off?! Eh?

So Coffee not allowed. Green Tea is in!

The Wall '09
Hell-fucking-yeah this has been an awful/awesome/much-needed/awesome experience. There were times when I had to dominate and much more of those where I made sure I DON'T dominate. (That was the hard part I confess) Diplomacy comes hard when there's shit going around you and when things don't go the way you want them to go. But then- there is stuff to be understood when we deal with loads of bits of population. :)

In short,
I made new pals, got to know interesting folks, got to know the extent of one's creativity (and stupidity) and made a sexy magazine happen. I'm happy and I love the Team for that. Compromises are bound to exist when we ain't the only ones taking decisions. Better be democratic and still Rule the folks. ;)

Muzak
I like this. Thank you Anirudh, thank you Porcupine Tree, thank you Asa. Anirudh because I bet he suggested the term to be used for the Music section in The Wall. (If not- thank you Aninya :P) Porcupine Tree because guys, you named the song after all. Asawari- you mailed the PT songs in, dincha?! Thank you Dad (Baba) for the music phone though I still stress on the fact that I deserve an iPod for everything except academics. (But that's the focal point for you so.. :P)

(Quoting Sneha here..) "A set of earphones IS the best invention after the wheel". I get to listen to the lyrics much more clearly than ever before and hell- had no idea that November Rain will make me cry in the train. Morning hours had found me sentimental, I believe. I never knew Ozzy is so damn good.. Elvis is better.. and Doors. THE BEST if you count in Clapton, Knopfler, Cobain, Oasis, GnR, Porcupine Tree, Staind and you get my drift.

I found two music lovers (NOT freaks) in Shibani and Anirudh. I love their choices of Muzak. I trust them to introduce me to their tastes. I trust them to be my database when needed. :P
I'm loving the music as never before!
And it's helping me grow. Grow... yeah.
Mentally and Spiritually. :P

Southpark and Physics Lab, RAIT (Room 113)

"Timmaeh!" *hand gestures*
"Wanna get a high?" *coupled with Rahul's expressions and Towelie's voice*
"I LOVE that tee, Sushrut" (Shibani's Take on my Southpark tee)

The cartoon is crazy. Very smart, very sarcastic, very stupid and makes me laugh. It has everything, it covers everything... May it be starving Africans or Fight-Friendly Russel Crowe... from Underwear Gnomes to a Talking Towel... from Racism to Anti-Semitic Jews.
So we need no excuse to just make the Physics Lab (our The Wall workplace) a bit crazier with Southpark mentions among many crazier ones.

Poetry Names, Grins and Arguments

Mayuresh doesn't name his poems. So when asked by Pratyush what to name one of the works, I replied in Hindi. And bang went the name in the soft copy of the mag- 'Nahi Pata'

My arguments with people with whom I'd never thought I'll argue.
It helped. :)

Physics Lab and Appreciation Letters

Ah.. the lab is so freaking good. Complete with a couple of understanding Profs who are kind enough to complain to the lab assistant that the Ed-Team is noisy.. (like he is a DGP of some sort) An extremely cooperative, sweet, particular Convener Professor. And there's a lab assistant who is always confused whether to smile or not.. whether to scowl or not. So let us call him 'comical'.

And then, we write letters (supposed to be from our college Presidents, actually written on their behalf) which state that "The Wall '09 has two sections, one of English (100 pages) and other of Marathi (20 pages), which is a new venture and a remarkable decision" :P :P
Wow! This goes in the magazine for sure! (Why do I smell sarcasm in the air?)

We have 5 different letters from various poles of the management. Budget crossing One Lac has its effects. :D We have the Founder, two Presidents, Director, Principal and Convener complimenting us in 5 different ways. Wow! This goes in the magazine too!

Just another FE

There was this FE (will soon be evident in the mag, who IS this fella) who didn't see it fit to inform us his branch. Plus he had ended his interesting(?) article on '3g' technology with a systematic 'Conclusion:'
So we just added 'Theory:' at the very top.
Shweet!

Inauguration

I gave a speech in hardcore Marathi, English and represented RAIT for the first time on stage, dear ol' VP laughed at my blooper, guys were busy ogling at the 'Pink Chick' and the 'Pink Chicken', we took crazy pics in the backstage, The Wall '09 was inaugurated by Dhanraj Pillai (!!!) and appreciation was all around. :D
That biryani WAS awesome!
(And Vijay's shirt was Black!! :P So was Aninya's..)

Walk Today Back Home

November Rain, Simon and Garfunkel and Jeff Buckley in my ears and I think Philosophy. I think over what's done, what's left to be done and stuff I can look forward too. Too many of it. :)
And the Moon just grins from behind the clouds.

For All It's Worth

The last couple of months helped me think the way I could have never done!
It's worth a lot.
I'll end it all now, people.
"Timmaaeh!!" *more enthusiastic hand gestures*

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment