Brush Strokes




I created a portrait of a storm
that was raging inside
Of violent colors and angry streaks
It spoke of the rising dark and failing light
A haze of resentment yelling out
Lashing out at the World it detests
I painted my dissolving dreams
I painted my vision which sulked at the world
I created a portrait and regretted it

And so it was discarded.

I flirted with the colors soon after
The colors which spoke of the faintest whispers
I created a portrait of the climbing sun

On the greenest of valleys

I drew the echoes of my heart beats

painted those mild swirls with tinge of red

I ran my brush for the joys it gave

to my simple heart

Its every touch like a tender kiss

Giving life to a deadened skin
Paper spoke out its love for the vibrant colors
And I created Life, beneath the sun, as I know it.

A single night, A single blow
And walls collapse; so do I, from within.
The Work of Spring now buried beneath the pile.


Blank canvas, wide sky and strums of an Acoustic

as I stand yet again with a palette held tight

Colors, joyful as ever, living and waiting to give life.

I pause
Is there an urge to create again?

3 comments:

  1. Since when ye started painting eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)hold the palette tight...u'll paint again

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I sure will.

    Dhomya, it's merely an expression. I can paint though..

    ReplyDelete