Adam and Steve




The wheels started rolling when I got a text from a friend- "God created Adam-and-Eve NOT Adam-and-Steve.. hohohahaheehee" :| This surprised me. Many little things do, actually.

Homosexuality is a topic of healthy debate, one where even intellectuals are divided among themselves. When I had a chance to Edit a college magazine (The Wall), I was hoping to include an article on the same in English and Marathi section. Sadly, our college authorities had their way and we had to have none at all. Justification- "It may look as if college is promoting such activities.."
No really, what activities?

I'll be frank- I can't accept this sexual orientation exists in nature. I can accept people being gay but somewhere inside, something will keep bugging me. And this will change as I grow up. I know for sure.

Homosexuality is neither a disease nor an abnormality. Those people are neither freaks nor weirdos. From the suspects around me- I find them extremely friendly, affable and helpful. But somehow they seem to be under the glare and are talked about.. not always in a good sense.

If we can accept a guy and a girl kissing, why can't we accept a same-sex couple doing the same? What exactly is wrong if we see two guys or two girls holding hands in public places? What is weird in all this? Do we have answers?

We have proof that homosexuality is very prevalent in animals. Famous personalities have been gay. Indian deity 'Shankar' has been shown as part-male and part-female. It is all about being aware of both sexualities in a being. You know what, we are all a bit gay. It is all about the percentage of being gay.

Experimentation has increased over the years and people these days are more aware and ready to explore their sexualities. Yet somewhere, the openness is absent. A certain India prefers to keep it wrapped up in a closet. A certain India fails to accept. A certain India does not mind while the rest does not care.

This post does not tie all the loose ends of the thread but just touches random topics in a discrete manner. I know it is an injustice to the same but then- I'm writing a blog post, not a book. Every topic deserves a couple of pages at least.

I'm waiting for the day when people won't cast a weird eye over a couple of very happy Adam and Steve. :)

1 comment:

  1. a vry diff approach indeed!!!!!
    especialy loved the thought abt the percentage n all gud one

    ReplyDelete