Old Song Bouncing On My Walls



Hallo, old friend.
It's good to see you again.
Did you know?
I wrote a song, the other day.
And it sang with me, danced with me.
It went round and round, up and away.
I wonder why I sat on a creaking chair then.
The song wanted me on the clouds.

Oh look, my radio's on.
Lennon sings away, guitar strums away,
The songs bounce on my walls,
In glee, in glee.

I look on. Holding my hands together.
Keeping myself from leaping about.
In glee. In utter glee.

I look about, call out to my sweetheart,
I call out to my dog and I call out to my poems,
I talk to them, speak in a whirl of colors.
I laugh, I laugh and I yodel.

It's my old song bouncing around
On my walls, it paints my heart,
On my walls, it paints my world red
Oh golly, my old song bounces around
In glee, In glee.

And I live the moments
Joys making the world unreal
A painting of the perfect colors
A song of the right notes
My Old Song has the perfect words
And it bounces around, bounces around my walls
In glee.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment