Rhythm House



Rhythm House! Rhythm House!
It won't let you down!
Are you an old lazy crooner?
Boring the crowd with your tunes?
Oh are you not? You say, you are not?
Then you do seem like me!
Ah I have been to the Rhythm House.
And it's such a pretty place to be.

It was a breezy evening.
With my sweetheart's hands in mine.
We walked our way to the Rhythm House.
For it was, then, the place to be in.
But sulky, was my nose.
Little and Red, was hers.
We went inside, I heard her voice,
And the music that was inside.
A bright sun had dawned.
The sulkiness was gone.
Rhythm House. Rhythm House.
It had done it again!

I stepped sideways, closer to her.
Smiling my sly apologetic smile.
She stepped sideways, slight twitches,
On her mouth corners.
Trying to hide her smile.
I closed in further. Winking.
And the holy Sun was smiling!
She came closer! Eyes were glowing!
Pearly teeth showing through, she was smiling!
And oh the day was so great, so great again!
Sinatra, Nat King Cole and the Beatles sang again!
Rhythm House. Rhythm House.
You riding with the King again!

Rhythm House, baby.
It was riding with the King again.
:)

3 comments: