A Bullet in the Head



That night was horrifying. Sleep left me and morning brought more shocking news. Hemant Karkare, whom I’d seen walking and talking that very night on the television, was dead.

There’s nothing actually that I wish to write on this terror attack. It has left me, like everyone else around me, numb.

Two of my friends’ friends lost their fathers.
One of my close buddies was saved by some 5 minutes. Had she not caught the train… don’t even want to think about it.
My uncle, saved by his luck and presence of mind.

But many didn’t make it and they are my kin too after all.

Negligence, corruption and insensitive politicians. That’s all to it.

I cried from within every time the death toll increased. I lit a candle in my mind for every innocent soul making its way upwards. I felt proud of the Armed Forces, NSG and the Police. Who didn’t?

A photo in The Times of India caught my fancy the very next day. Pigeons flying like they always do with Taj in the background. Only that the Taj was burning. Did not it represent a wounded India?

The pigeons stood for us Indians, the way our lives move on as if nothing has happened. The pigeons are stupid and this symbolizes our immunity.

We’ve become immune to these terror attacks. It aint good.

We need good managers in the government and some honesty. If only we could buy some.

My heart bleeds for the dead. My heart bleeds for those wounded. It bows low to those who laid down their lives for us. Their holy bodies had to accept the cursed bullets of the enemy.

Youths being brainwashed into believing that this will take them to Heaven and virgins… and the terrorists were actually dumb enough to believe that they’ll get out of the nation alive.

If only they could understand international politics.

If only they could see that a Muslim with a bullet in his head is same as a Hindu with a bullet in his head.

A sick sms made rounds during those days. Dumbasses declaring a party at Taj Hotel and something about not cribbing that it’s their fault if we don’t visit.

What the heck?!

Humor can stoop this low?!

Anyways, I hope the government takes necessary measures and there's nothing else at the moment that I can do. Still, I believe in democracy. Military rule in India is an absolute no-no.

A bullet in the head of the accused after a painful torture is all I ask for.

4 comments:

  1. um-yeah-that's exactly what I felt..
    Hope that we find a positive way outta this and emrge stronger and with more potential
    Jai Hind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I too got a msg saying,DONT VOTE,BOYCOTT ELECTIONS...
    I dont understand how cn we think dat'd work?
    I regret it dat I'm not joining ne forces once I become an engineer.The Indian in me,has to search my own definition of patriotism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont regret it Trivs, ;) help the nation in your own way..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the no-military rule. It's sad to see our most of our peers even wishing for a military dictatorship. Aren't we the generation who values our freedom? Solutions can't be found overnight.

    ReplyDelete