My Sneakers Squeak




It was night. The moon was climbing high. Supper was yet to reach home (my tummy) though…
I was on phone and talking to someone I love talking to. Being asked whether I can come to a faraway station just for a meet, I made up my mind in an instant and dressed up.
I was dying to meet the human anyway.

I put on clothes from the nearest heap and found out that I was wearing my favorite combination till date. Lucky me!

Excuse was made to the family as I was putting on my sneakers. Nike.
I love them. And they love me too.
And they squeak for some unknown reason when I’m in a dental college.

I called up my Dental Owlet, who I was gonna meet, as soon as I stepped out into the night air.
I had no idea how come I made up my mind so quickly.
Maybe I wanted to show I can do it.
Maybe I just wanted the meet to take place.
Maybe I had gone crazy.
Maybe I had fallen (and was falling hard) into that wonderful emotion.
Or maybe I was just following my heart.
It’s stupid at times, I know.
And Arrogant. And Romantic.

My sneakers squeaked as I climbed into the suburban train. I grinned.

We met at the pre-decided station.
Our eyes spoke as much as she did. :P

Hands held tight, we spoke in those million languages of our world.
Too reluctant to stop chattering… :P
Aunties glared at us culprits of PDA.

Train came again and took us back to our respective residences.
Phone calls made up the aftermath of our meet.

Lying on my bed, I grinned in that foolish dazed way… which (for me) is a combination of ecstasy thoroughly mixed with extreme drowsiness.

Elvis crooned his songs in my silly heart.

I could have sworn that my sneakers squeaked on that shoe-stand of theirs…

4 comments:

  1. Nice one bro.
    By the way,what excuse did ye give?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey luvd the 'squeakin' part!!! :-P...betn my question is the same as soumi! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... :D
    And,
    My questions the same as the above twp ;P

    ReplyDelete