A Cup Half Drunk





Another evening fading fast

A cup of coffee lies half full in front of the computer screen

Marc Antony singing and my eyes unseeing… yet completely focused.


So many things yet left to be done

So many memories yet left to be built

Restrained heart wanting to sing aloud from the roof

All this clamped up now

And the dreams lie incomplete

An abrupt end, which I so detest


No one to blame

No one at fault

Except two silly hearts

One brave enough to take on the world

The other tender enough to bow down before an illogical will


The whispers, hidden smiles, soft kisses, held hands and the cold wind

Glare of the sun, coffee sips, long walks, telephone chats and warm hugs

All to be buried six feet deep

Forever?

Hope not.


The cup lies half full.

I take my thoughts off the coffee abandoned halfway through.

I think of the coffee already within me, giving me bliss.


The cup of coffee is not half full.


It is half drunk.

4 comments:

  1. YEAH!!
    Now daz sum optimism!!
    Dont misunderstand me,
    But its as if the whole world has turned pessimistic...
    Same-pessimistic-thoughts bubble up in my mind literally everyday...
    Regards,
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you realize that you just have to change thy outlook.. :)

    Cheers mate,

    ReplyDelete