I Hung Up


It was a hard day.
After a recent screw-up on the academic front, I was slightly err, okay- greatly mind-fucked.

Mind-Fucked:
When I feel immature to the core, take pleasure in impulsive and rash decisions and am either found lying somewhere looking all gloomy or laughing my arse off for no reason at all.

Had spent the day in important meets and quality coffee indulgence, quality chocolate indulgence and quality conversations with pals- Ruta ‘n Andre.

Evening came with its blues and gentle hues.
Today those were melancholies…

The call had come and I ignored it. Didn’t feel like picking it up like I once used to. Sometime later, a song reminded me of the very person and this time I called the number up.

There was a time when I used to look up the same phone number and feel at peace listening to whatever went on the other end of the line. I talked stuff, I heard stuff and I heard stuff.
But today was a rainy day.

James Morrison-
“It is gonna be a rainy day
There’s nothing we can do to make it change
We can pray for sunny weather
But that won’t stop the rain.”

I called up the number; it rang and was picked up. And then it started. I could hear about the haze of things which had happened in her parallel life today. I heard this and I heard that. A few mentions of people about whom I don’t care a fart. I kept listening.

Something was different today.
I could not understand what was wrong or rather I kept wondering was it really wrong. How did I ever found similar conversations interesting? Was it really a part of my ‘memorable’ past? Moments spent in waiting for these conversations?

Maybe I had changed.
Maybe she had changed.
Maybe the times had changed.

Actually- Today had changed.
The equations did not fit in the table Today.

I could not take it anymore.
Here I am, mind-fucked, and not able to get a word out to calm myself.
And I expected this call to ease my stress?!

I could not take it anymore.
Maybe tomorrow I’ll be able to.
Not today.

I felt bored.
Maybe there was a call waiting on my cell-phone or maybe there wasn’t any…
But I lied that there was and I hung up.

*strides away*

1 comment:

  1. No need of being in a state of sadness and cursing ourself. Life has many good things to offer in future

    ReplyDelete