Tonight

I can’t sleep tonight

Under the sky
The stars shine bright above
Glinting of the Tomorrow Dreams
They smile down and speak of glory
That comes from the ascent to their height
Oh yes they speak of the Light
But I can’t sleep tonight

Up a Mountain
I chose the steepest climb
And made it even harder
By choosing the wrong niches
My Stupidity
Then I fell- again and again
Broke my limbs- again and again
I cry out aloud looking up at the sky
With my arms, hugging myself tight
But I can’t sleep tonight

At the Sea
Mighty winds tell tall tales
Of the glory they have but vanquished
Of the Lost Kings and their Armadas
But a bundle of woods against the Sea
To hold planks of wood, iron must be strong
The hands that shape Iron should be strong
For the hands, Will should be strong
They speak and I heed my eyes Bright
But I can’t sleep tonight

Time
Is flowing like the river?
Is deep as the ocean?
Is impatient as the wind?
Or is plainly me?

Every moment I spend
In falling down and getting up again
Is like a flash of a fish’s fin
As it escapes the fishing net

Flight of my saner soul?
I’m afraid…
So I can’t sleep tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment